As the world turns its eye to Paris for the French Open, Baseline and Tennis.com partnered with Sinclair stations to get us in the mood for Roland Garros. Both sites will showcase a French food recipe from eight of the top French restaurants from around the country.
Chef Chris Scanga from Petit Louis joined WBFF Baltimore to create an asparagus salad with toasted walnuts and goat cheese.
Serving Size: 2 people
- 1 cup walnut halves (4 ounces)
- 1/2 teaspoon fennel seeds
- 2 pounds’ medium asparagus
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons sherry vinegar
- 1 large scallion, white and light green part only, minced
- 1 tablespoon chopped tarragon
- 1 tablespoon chopped mint
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 4 ounces’ goat cheese, rind removed and crumbled
Preheat the oven to 350 F; Spread the walnuts on a small baking sheet and bake for 8 minutes, or until lightly toasted. Transfer to a plate to cool, then break the walnuts in half lengthwise.
Meanwhile, in a small skillet, toast the fennel seeds over moderately high heat until fragrant and golden, about 20 seconds. Transfer to a work surface and let cool, then finely chop.
Pour 1/2 inch of water into a large pot fitted with a large steamer basket and bring to a boil. Discard the tough ends from the asparagus and add the spears to the steamer; cover and steam over high heat until just tender, about 4 minutes. Transfer the asparagus to paper towels and pat dry. Let the asparagus cool to room temperature, then cut on the diagonal into 2-inch lengths.
Meanwhile, in a large bowl, whisk the olive oil with the vinegar, scallion, tarragon, mint and chopped fennel seeds. Season with salt and pepper.
Add the asparagus and walnuts to the bowl and toss. Add the goat cheese. Season with salt and pepper, transfer to plates and serve.
· Get Tennis Channel Plus for Roland Garros to watch 200 live matches from up to five courts, starting with the Qualifying Rounds.
· Watch the Best of Roland Garros 2016 on-demand at any time
· Get Tennis Channel Plus for all of Roland Garros, as well as 650+ live events all year long
· Tennis Channel Plus is available on any streaming device, on mobile, always on the GO (desktop, iOS, Android, Apple TV, Roku and Amazon Fire)
· Subscribe today at BuyTCPlus.com